Indian Kanoon – Does criminal case affect government job application – LawRato

is an interactive online platform that makes it faster and easier to find and hire the best Lawyers in any city / court in India.

If a criminal case has ever been instituted against an individual then it bleaks down the chances of getting employment opportunities in the government sector, with this pre-conceived notion formed already people sometimes tend to avoid such disclosures in the employment forms that ask for disclosures pertaining to pendency of any criminal suit, institutions of FIR’s, etc. That is exactly the first step done wrong, because there maybe a frivolous suit or FIR that may have been filed against a person but lying for the same on an application makes a person liable for misrepresentation and fraud and thereby implicating a person for other offences and also disqualifying him for the same.

The important thing to understand at this very point is the fact that the suit that may have been instituted against a person may not directly involve what is expected of such a person from his employment engagements but lying about the very same can lead to automatic disqualification as there are also background checks that the employer may conduct as part of its recruiting process and if lied upon in the application, that can very easily resurface by the medium of background checks and the likes and in such a case, the person can be disqualified even if he has been provided employment on the grounds of misrepresentation.

It is also pertinent to be noted here that as per law it is the screening that has to decide that whether the pendency of the criminal suit would have any bearing on the nature of one’s post in the basis of the allegations levelled against a person in the FIR and charges (if any). Also just being implicated does not mean being convicted and as a general rule, a person is innocent until proven guilty applies and one cannot be deprived of his employment just on the basis of a pending case against someone, although there still exist a few exceptions here as well, where the nature of employment is sensitive like in the paramilitary or military services then one can be denied employment just on the basis of a first information report or a pending suit

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal can be consulted for further information at or by calling at +91-9599000555.


26 thoughts on “Indian Kanoon – Does criminal case affect government job application – LawRato”

  1. Sir ek din college k liye nikla tha apne dosto k saath tripsy me….toh police college k pass khadi thi at hme police station le gye jabarjasti,ar hmara naam pta register me likha gya are chor diya….ar fine v nhi liya ,muje kuch samjh nhi aaya aise kyu kiya unhone…ar uss March ka month chal rha tha…Mai Bs aapse puchna chahta hu ki job k wqt police verification me dikkat toh nhi hogi na….pls tell me sir ,,,I m very disturb.

  2. Sir agr koi Handicap nhi hai aur usne Handicap ka certificate paise dekar bnwakar govt job join kr liya hai toh kya unki job ja sakti hai aur es k liye kaha complain karna hoga please suggest me sir

  3. Sir 151 ki dhara me 2 saal pahale giriftar huwa dha 3 din jail me dh to ab meri sarkari nukari lagane Wali hai to police verification problem to nahi hogi Kay esako bharana padega sir

  4. Sir a case where Final report on disposal is given by police and subsequently a CR case is followed on it. What will be the implication on new govt. Job of it ? Plz remember police gave final report on disposal of the case . I mean on posting in a new govt. Job , the department may seek police report against the candidate then what type of report police may send against the candidate?

  5. what is the effect of fir under section ipc 269 violating lockdown affects govt jobs including defence and civil services

  6. Sir mere sath aaisa huva hai ki crime mene kiya bhi nhi fir bhi police ko paise deke mere khilaf FIR darj kiya hai. Court me tarikh chalu hai. Me government job ke liye prepare kar raha hu. Kya iski vajah se muje government job join karne me problem aaiyegi kya sir please batao sir mai bahot tension me rehta hu is vajah se.

  7. Hi Sir, if a man's girlfriend files a case of Rape by false marriage promise during the time they are living in together, and if he is later acquitted of all charges, will he be able to apply for a government job and be selected in there ?

  8. Excuse me Sir, mere family par maarpeet ka case hua h court se ..aur usme mera bhi name hai…but jab case hua tha to mera 16 ya 17 saal hi hua tha…that is I was Minor.So,Now I preparing for Govt. Job like SSC or IBPS or Railway or Air Force….Toh Police Verification m koi problem aayega…ya nahi aayega…ya joining ruk jayega…Case abhi bhi pending hai….Please Try to answer me..

  9. Sir, mai ek admi ke uper FIR lodge Kiya hey. To police verification me koi problem hoga kya? Or attestation form me iske bare me informe karna padegha. Please reply sir..

  10. Sir,is closed false 498a case is a enough reason to terminate one employee from government organization?? please reply

  11. Sir meri wife ne mere v mere privar ke khilaf 498A/406/34 IPC ka ik FIR karva rakha h v ik FIR mere v mere chhote bhai k khilaf darj karva rakhi hai dono put in court h bhai ki govt job lagi h joining me koi dikkat ho gi kya

  12. Unfair means in university n debarred for 1 semester ka kya effect hoga n isko attestation form me mention karna h ?

  13. Sir a false case has been filed against me under section 452, 354, 354-A, 354-B, 506 & 509 but the matter has now amicably solved and the FIR has been quashed but in the quashing order it is wrongly mentioned that I have accepted my fault and I will not do it again. I have already mains examination of UPSC so will it affect my future employment with UPSC

  14. Sir ji , Namaste
    Sir me aap ke saari post padhta hu.. or samajhta hu … Sir ji please aap meri problem ka solution bata dijiye . Mere future ka saval he sir please. me aap ka aabhari rahunga….

    Sir , Madhya Pradesh march 2019 me mujh per ( 354,342,posco 7/8 ) Dhara lag gyi the .. or mujhe 11 Din ke jail hue phir me bell per bahar nikal gya.. or case 11 months chalne ke baad
    february 2020 ko case se me doshmukt ho jya.. or court case khatam ho gya .. abb me SSC MTS ke taiyari ker raha hu to sir ji meri job case se dhosmukt ho per bhe job lagai ya nahi sir please bataye ….. Case m.p. me hua tha or me abb rajasthan me mul nivas karta hu… M.p. police station me fir address rajasthan mul niwas ka he he…

  15. if any one is under trial in IPC section 504 and 506, that person may has to face any trouble in application of IAS/PCS
    Please answer because I have gone thorough many website and met with numerous person but no one can give satisfactory answer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Post